Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Portland Vacation - Day 5 : Lazy Day

We really needed a break and this day was it. We lazily woke up late and headed to Wanda's for breakfast.


We really didn't have a plan that day so we spent about 2 hours playing Monopoly. I won...big time!


I won because I was damn lucky...or maybe because I was wearing a blazer and the game thought I meant business. I won the free parking spot all but one time throughout the game and each time the pot was at it's biggest. Below is the pic of all of my properties and all of those hotels (stadiums in the football version we played) were mine!


After Monopoly, Steven, Kelly, and I all stayed in and read our books and chatted while the boys went out in this boat to explore the river. They came back telling us a tale of a waterfall so we decided to go for a walk to find it and get some pictures.


It's like a jungle!


Found it!


But we had to get closer to it.


Here is a view from the top of the falls.


And a view from the side.


I think the amount of greenery broke John's Hipstamatic.



Here's Jacob sitting on the edge of the world.

                             

We got back up to the bridge while Jacob was still putting on his shoes and Steven was able to snap these really cool pics.


We got tired of waiting and started throwing rocks around him to speed him up.


With the waterfall accomplished we headed back and ran into some deer.


They got scared and ran away.


 Then we saw these weird slugs. Banana slugs maybe?


Soon after that we got back to the river house and made some burgers, packed up our stuff, and left back toward Portland. All during our hike and through most of the drive we played the 21 questions game. It sounds lame but it was a pretty good time.



No comments:

Post a Comment