Thursday, July 7, 2011

Yesterday I made a skirt...

And today I wore it. I kinda love it. I loved the fabric when I bought it. It's light and sooo soft and I got like 6 yards of it at 75% off.



So here it is...


I like that it's comfortable but it's shorter than I'd want for a loose fitting skirt. One gust of wind and I'm done for. It's also so short that I wasn't left much for a hem so I keep getting flyaway strings along the bottom. One other thing you'd notice if you looked at it in detail is that I used white thread throughout the construction. It's fine when they're inside seams but the zipper and even hem are done in white. Tacky but I didn't have any matching thread and I still had leftover white in the machine from the last thing I made. Plus, since I have a whole six yards of this fabric, this was supposed to be a practice run but I ended up liking it enough to wear it to work. I'll probably redo the hem next time I pick up some brownish thread.

The fabric and the looseness is perfect for this weather so I'm pretty happy with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment